Thursday, August 4, 2011

roots

Don't worry be happy

Jeremiah 17:7-8

But blessed is the man who trusts me, God,
   the woman who sticks with God.
They're like trees replanted in Eden,
   putting down roots near the rivers—
Never a worry through the hottest of summers,
   never dropping a leaf
Serene and calm through droughts,
   bearing fresh fruit every season

As you know I cut grass...often...roots can cause trouble...oblivious to anything when I cut...I just run right over them! But over the years I've lived here my back yard has shifted a little and the roots of my trees out back are starting to show through.  It can't be good for them to be mowed over a zillion times a year.  It is like getting a cut on your knee over and over and over again...

I am probably slowly killing these trees.  One is already dead.

But the trees near the creek.  Roots not showing are green and lush and stay that way.  The trees on the hillside are already losing leaves and the ones in the bottom are still green.  They are the last to lose.  Now it could have something to do with the type of tree they are...one is a poplar and the other is a sycamore...I don't know but it reminds me of this passage.

I am sure those trees in the backyard worry when the tractor comes at them...not those in the bottom!  They have no worries...they just grow...and flourish!!

If we are rooted in the Lord...when worries come we stand strong and serene.  Never swaying. That's a big "if"....we may think we are rooted in the Lord...Mac would always ask me why I didn't worry about anything...why should I? The Lord was in charge...not me.  It took me a long time to realize the Lord can worry for the both of us and do a better job at it than me!

you know I love Bob Marley...thank him for this little song we've all hummed sometime!
Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy....

No comments:

Post a Comment