Sunday, August 21, 2011

that moon shell

After several days I'm back to that moon shell.  I have a tiny one sitting on my nightstand.
I dusted around it yesterday.  Yes it looks just like this.

it is beautiful and it does have the one speck in the middle...I looked at it closely....as close as these eyes will let me look and see clearly.

This shell gave me my Epiphany about be still and listen...but it also tells me there is a need for solitude.  We need to replenish ourselves.  To take time for being alone...you probably say...easy for you to say...I have kids, a husband, family, work... that is only the first step toward finding yourself...Knowing you need to be alone sometimes..    I have to also find out how to feed my soul.  How to still my soul long enough to give it some nourishment.  We sometimes think by filling our lives with activities we will find the answer among all of the busyness...but that is all it is...busy work... we need solitude...down time...time to fill up our cup.

Moon shell reminds me there is only one moon and there is only one me...this week I am leaving alone and heading to the shore.  I am going to spend several days relaxing and being alone. solitude. I will visit museums, gardens, the beach...things I love to do and I will replenish...and think of moon shell.  This little shell reminds me to be still and listen and to be alone...for renewal...I will also celebrate two years of being alone...of solitude...of jumping off the edge and realizing I landed just fine...two years ago this week I found out about my ex husband and his unfaithfulness...I have vowed to myself each year this will be a time of renewal and rejuvination...a celebration of the newness I've found. 

God has been so good to me and continues to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment