Friday, August 12, 2011

cool nights

Someone the other night at Disciple class asked if it was a full moon...as I got out of my car tonight I noticed...yep...it sure is...that may explain a lot of the attitude.

The other thing it is...cool evenings...the kind of evenings when you wrap in a blanket and lay on the back porch and count the stars in the sky.  What a special kind of night...

The pups are quiet and laying with me and there is peace in the world.
All is good.  All is as it should be.
Surely the presence of the Lord is in this place.

I pulled my Irish blessings book off the shelf just now and it fell open to

A Prayer for the Spirit
Spirit of Wisdom and Love, help me to hear your voices feel your gentle winds, see your footprints, taste your sweetness, smell your perfume  Grant that I may always be open to your whisperings and ready to be inspired by the flames of your passionate love.  I ask this of you and the father and the son.
Amen.
There it is again... that quiet and whispering...be still and listen!
I am all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment