Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a new week

Last week was such a hellish week.  All the way around for some reason it was just tough.  Work was tough.  Home was tough.  I was on a roll.  My mouth wouldn't stay shut.  No television (still none).  It was like I am walking on the edge and teetering.

Lora and I had a long discussion on Saturday about our "be still and listen" scripture.  She said...I know I am going to be saying goodbye to you.  I know this time you are spending now is your "be still" time.  You are learning...  finding Kim and once you do...you will be out of here.

She is right...without TV cluttering my mind and taking up my time...I am really reading and learning and listening.  It is a new day.  I have found my love of music again.  I am playing all kinds of new music.  I am reading and re-reading old favorites.  I am watching old movies and falling in love with them all over again.  What a special time it has been for me.  I have stayed home and spent time with me.  Stopped my running and filling time and just STOPPED.  How special.

I've spent time with God.  I've questioned.  I've listened. I've read his word.  Morning and night.   I am learning always.  What is and what is expected.  What he feels on certain subjects.  I can't get away from adultery.  So I'm either being told it is OK to move on or I am being warned not to do it to someone!  I am trying to figure out which.  But I will be still and listen.

I had a wonderful dinner with my niece this past weekend.  As two adult women we discussed kids, dogs, family and love.  It was a wonderful moment for me.  Suddenly we weren't aunt and niece but two women with lots to share.  It was great.  We were up until 2:00 a.m. which made me feel like an old lady the next day...but...it was wonderful. Thank you Brenda!

This week is going to be a good week.  I can tell already.


No comments:

Post a Comment