Saturday, April 16, 2011

april showers

So, I am sick of April showers and it is only April 16...only halfway through.  This morning it poured down rain...cats and dogs...I know from rain comes the beautiful trees and flowers (which I love) but can't we get them some other way?

Psalms 147:7-8 Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp to our God: Who covers the heaven with clouds, who prepares rain for the earth, who makes grass to grow on the mountains.
 
I get it...God makes the rain and the grass which right now is that pretty shade of lime green!
 
Tomorrow is Palm Sunday...the day Jesus rode into Jerusalem to the shouts of Hosanna.  At our church the children wave palms and sing.  The service tomorrow is followed by a church pot luck Easter dinner and egg hunt for the kids.  It is one of my favorite dinners at church because there are families together and it feels like we are one big happy family, the entire congregation. This year it will be my daughter-in-law and Zack and Taylor.  What a difference a year makes! But we will celebrate and sing praises and thank God, even for rain...I guess!  We may pray for sunshine!!
 
They will be gone next week for Easter and I will be home alone this year. I will attend church.  But, it will be strange.
 
Have you noticed I am starting to function pretty well!  Life is starting to get some normalcy to it.  I can see where I am heading and like the path.  God has blessed me with rain for the earth and with peace.  I went to breakfast this morning with a friend that I haven't seen for awhile and she looked at me and said...I think the old Kim is back, you look great!...I think so, too!
 
So, you all have seen the tough times and the good times!  I hope you notice there are more good times now than bad and I know they will only get better!
Thanks for sharing them with me.  See there is sunshine after the rain!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment