Thursday, April 7, 2011

life is complicated

Tuesday was an unexpected day off...there was a bad storm Monday night and there was no power at work so I came home...and worked on stripping wallpaper. One of those jobs that require patience...lots of it...I've pulled off the wallpaper and it left a layer of glue.  Yuk!  All I can do is a little bit at a time.
When your hands are busy your mind is free to wander.  Thinking about how to move on after divorce.

 I read on Dr. Phil's web side...who said...why waste one day...which makes sense.  Why am I wasting my time thinking about him? 


Life is complicated.  When I think about it...I've had the opportunity many women don't have and that is to start over.  To make a life for myself just the way I want it.

If you know me...I am a list maker...I carry a little blue book of "things to do " at home.  I carry a little pink book of my prayer list...I keep a list of "things to do" at work.  And I've made lists of:

What I want in a new man?
Things I can do now I couldn't do when married?
What are things I no longer have to do?
What do I have that I didn't have before?
What can I let go of?
How can I be different in a positive way?
What things do I want to do in the future?
Where would I like to go?
I have notebooks upon notebooks...

I've made a list of things I want to do this year, 2011...new adventures
I've made a list of things I want to do to the house...
I've made budgets and more budgets
I've set up monthly spending allotments
I keep a list of what I eat every day...for dieting and keeping weight off..

As you can see...I love to make lists...it takes some of the complication out of life.  When I can see it in writing I can follow it.
I guess I am a visual learner. When I see it...it makes sense.

Bible study the same way...when i see it and if I write it down in my own hand...it makes sense. Life makes sense  with my lists.

 You may be saying...."anal" lady...organized to a fault...probably so...but...Life is complicated enough and we all need a way to make sense of it...all these lists make it so much less complicated for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment