Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What was that?

Yesterday we began the week-long process of setting up for the youth flea market at church.  What a time we have.  Any youth that misses this opportunity misses out on a whole lot of fun!  Every year there is some piece of clothing or some article that becomes the icon of setting up.  One year it was a boob hat (who would have thought that some older gent at the church wore that around! A hat that had two Styrofoam boobs sticking out the front! I know who got it!) handcuffs (I know who gave us those! I know who got those, too) scooters, the list goes on and on. 

The most fun thing is trying on anything and everything that suits our fancy!  We don't care what we look like or who sees.  It is definitely a time of no inhibitions! All is fair game.  Last night one of the girls found a pair of thigh-highs that were fishnet and it went from there.  I think she ended up taking them home with her and I don't doubt they will be worn this week! (her mom will die but she is a free spirit!) 

We laugh so much...everyone laughs!! Everyone!! Unpacking is like Christmas...you never know what you will find.  Sometimes it is waaaay too personal...I don't want to know you wear "THAT" to bed with hubby!

 I love these times when we bond with the youth.  I laugh because the youth know me too well...they've seen me in no make up, hair screaming off my head, when I climb out of bed in the morning.  They know I snore.  They know I fall asleep immediately and what they can do when that happens. (I don't want to know!)  All of that they can laugh at when they are older and reminiscing with their kids about "when I went to youth group at church".

Zack and Taylor LOVE to hear stories..they will beg for "tell us a story about you!" or "tell us a story about daddy and Unkie Beep".  Stories are made through living with people, getting close and the day to day.  I love the stories of our lives. I am anxious to go back tonight to continue setting up. To see what surprises us and what we uncover.  I just know I will look good in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment