Friday, April 22, 2011

skunks

I know I have skunks that live near my house...they get hit sometimes on the road and there are woods close by...my biggest fear is the dogs will get one late at night...they go out at 2 or 3 am and they are crazy...running wild, chasing something...if they get too bad I take out the flash light afraid of what I will find.

One night they caught a rabbit...I went out not knowing what was in Freckles' mouth and when I grabbed it to pull it out....guess what I found...a bloody carcass...YUK...they can get in some of the most disgusting things.

I always tell people...it isn't the pee and poo you constantly deal with when you have dogs....it is the drool, puke from eating something gross, chewies and stuff they drag in...i came in this evening after work to find a bird nest strewn across the back porch and bird feathers in my house???? Don't want to guess what happened.

 I am sitting here typing and someone has the suspicious odor of something skunky...and it isn't good...they are all passed out around the room....it is a funny sight!

Sissie loves to roll in deer poo...nothing is better....I will hug her around her neck and realize there is something sticky...you get the picture...she has rolled in blue heron poo before...she will come in with giant white smears across her body....what it is about smelling bad?

This weekend I am determined everyone is getting a bath AND I am going to try to shave Sissie and give her a summer haircut...I bought some clippers...we will see how that goes...but everyone is getting a bath, nails cut and cleaned up.

Time for our Easter gussy up.  Time to smell good (at least for one day) and get ready for fleas, foul odors and all things spring and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment