Wednesday, April 20, 2011

bees

My dogs love bees...I don't know why...but they will chase them all over the yard, all over the house.  They will practically climb the walls trying to catch them. 

Then when they do...they get stung and it makes them sick.

A day later they are chasing bees again!

There has to be a parable in there somewhere!

I got it!  We chase things that will sting us...we get stung...and we go right back to it the next day!

I think I can probably say that about me.

I have been in a total funk lately...breakdowns at work...breakdowns at church.

I have been stung...why in the heck would I even want to have a thought about this person?
He is that bee that needs stepped on!
I get all bold and mouthy and say things like "he'll never hurt me again", "He can't hurt me" .  I get angry, I get mad and I hurt all over again.
He can and he does hurt me over and over.

In my reading this week for Disciple Class (it is tonight and we are still on prophets) Habakkuk
 asks God directly..."Why does evil win?"  "Why does evil seem to always get ahead?"
And God responds...I am not asleep I am doing great things you don't even know about...and God continues by saying ...I watch and I wait...and I will give evil its due...

it is not very Christian-like of me...but I find peace in that.  God knows it all...he will respond to wickedness and Mark and Kathy will not get away with all of the pain they've caused these two families...they can get married and run as far as they want....

but you can't run from what you've done to other people.  At some point you have to face it.  You have to account for your actions. You can't run forever.God holds us all accountable. I am sure I will hear from God about my feelings.  It is a scary thought. 

One day we will have to answer to God. All of us.
He tells us that we reap what we sow.
And he tells us evil does not win.

No comments:

Post a Comment