Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lent almost over

So, Lent is more than halfway over and how am I doing on what I gave up...erhhhhhhh....
much better than I thought!  I gave up for Lent bashing Mark.

I have to laugh...It just hit me the other night...I don't have to because God is doing it for me!!!

Scripture we've been studying in Disciple class has been very explicit about adultery and unfaithfulness...as we study the prophets and their condemnation of the Israel people for doing both.  As we studied Hosea and his unfaithful wife Gomer.  This week we are studying Isaiah who talks about the sin the chosen people are committing...Adultery is high on all of the lists.  The prophets talk about how evil folks are that do these things...of which I yell...YES! There are comments about how the people excuse their own behavior, they reason it out to be OK and try to convince others it is OK to do these things! 

So I haven't had to say anything...God speaks loudly for us both...

Yea God! You go!

Wait...God also talks in all of these instances about forgiveness and redemption....shucks...I guess there is more to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment