Tuesday, April 5, 2011

get over it

I am sure there are times you read this and say..."Lady, just get over it." In my past I would look at someone who is so absorbed with something like this divorce and would have had no compassion...I would have been the one saying...."Get over it already"....I would now have to eat those words.

It is amazing to me how the feelings just don't go away...you can't talk them away...you can't wish them away...they are always there.

This past weekend we were in Salisbury, Md and went over to Ocean City, Md...and it brought back all kinds of memories of a trip Mark and I took the November before his affair.  It was a wonderful trip, we had lots of fun and saw new places.  I experienced my nephew's wedding which we would have done together.  I always thought family was important to Mark.  another lie?  I watched a video the other night of him with the kids when they were small...they were saying "Daddy, watch" and he was paying NO attention to them...is that the way it always was and I was too in love to see it?  Did I hurt them by staying in a one-sided marriage? 

I think it is the disbelief that all you thought was true for 32 years was not true at all. You think about everything he ever said and you question what you were told.   Were they all lies?

It doesn't go away as much as you want it to.

I would love to "get over it" if I only knew how.

No comments:

Post a Comment