Tuesday, April 12, 2011

reality is truth

I read this somewhere yesterday and wrote it down to share:

Reality is always kinder than the stories we tell about it.

That's me.  I make up stories (good ones) about everything...I will have myself convinced my story is true...and sometimes it is so far from the truth.

When I would drive to Wheeling to see my parents, alone...I would make up stories about the houses I passed, cars I would see...just to pass the time.
Come on, sometimes you do things like that!

The Lord says in Psalm 85: Truth shall spring up from the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven. It continues in Psalm 86 with Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk and live in your truth.

Truth...I am sure we all have secrets...things we don't want anyone to know.  It is really hard living with secrets...my counselor told me to read a book called "Secret Keepers" which I could never find.  She said ...secret keepers are really good at it because they are usually leading several different lives and have to keep it all straight.  I sometimes wonder how many lives Mark was living. 

I still shake my head when I think I knew this man for 32 years and I knew nothing...nothing...I remember thinking how could women not know their husbands were cheating...I worked with men who we all knew were cheating on their wives...how did their wives not know...I would come home and tell Mark....bet that gave him a good laugh...but it is easy not to know or not to see...I'm not sure which...we think we know truth...HA!

I wonder often if I can trust again.  I think about relationships built on lies and deceit...I don't see how they survive...I guess mine did for a long time.
Good things will come from this...I know it...and I am waiting for truth to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment