Sunday, April 10, 2011

confirmed in faith

Do you know how blessed I am...today I got to witness the baptism and confirmation of 14 wonderful young people....to watch them be confirmed in the faith and confess to all they believe in Jesus Christ.  What an experience...I feel like God has kissed me with sunshine today...

What they taught me...I always learn from them...always!

Prayer does a lot...it rises to the heavens
A group of prayers make a lot of bubbles
Prayer makes it's way exactly where it needs
Prayer goes through tiny spaces to reach God
Adults sometimes don't know anything
There are NO responsible adults that work with our young people (that's an inside joke..if we have to be then we are!)
Cast our nets and see what we get
Don't just use a line to go fishing
White people can't clap in rhythm
With God all things are possible
Face your Giants
Be still and know I am God
Preachers drive Harley's
the father, son and holy ghost are like a motorcycle
I have fruits of the spirit and so do you
Prayer is powerful
I will let my light shine
I will have John ask my questions
How can God let bad things happen to good people
Will Gandhi be in heaven?
Are there ghosts?
Peace and love from Christ
In the Methodist church, Baptism and Christening are the same
Some of us struggle with our commitment
but when God gets those folks he is going to smile big time!!!
Our God is an awesome God

What a day! Pray for our young people...

No comments:

Post a Comment