Saturday, April 23, 2011

shut in the bathroom

After a rain, I always spend time on my knees...scrubbing the tile floor...when you have dogs, as I mentioned yesterday it isn't the pee and poo it is drool, and this time of year muddy feet.

I am watching my son's dog this week while they are out in Washington state, house hunting.  Sam  is petrified of storms and I've mentioned him before.  He hides.  It stormed all night last night. 

Early this morning I went to let Sam out...walked in the house and couldn't find him.  I yelled as I was unwraping the morning paper.  I yelled for him several times and assumed he was hiding from the storm.  After several "Sams" I went looking.  He had somehow shut himself in the bathroom sometime during the night.  Poor Sam.  He is so lost without his family but he is stressed when he comes to stay with me.  My dogs drive him nuts.  He walks around the entire time with a ball in his mouth.  He is a great dog but I think he is a one family dog.

We let ourselves get shut in, too.  I could easily stay home and never leave.  Just piddle around the house. Clean out a closet, scrub a floor, take down some wall paper.  Given a choice I would never come out.  I am a home body. 

But, I know I have to see people.  I need to be with people and unless I want them always coming to me..I have to push my butt out of the house.

Christians can be the same way.  We could stay in our church and never go outside it but guess what!  That isn't what God calls us to do.  Our commandment is to go and make disciples of all nations.  Go outside the church...get out of that bathroom and see where you are needed in the community around you.  We know there is a great need for the young people of our community and we need to step outside our walls and figure out what to do with them.  How we can help them.  To do this when you have people in your church that don't want the floor to get dirty.  That is a tough one.  But an enitre other blog.  I think I will entitle it "Mean people at church"!! I digress!

Tomorrow is Easter...the day Christ rose from the dead for us!  Not for us to sit in our homes and never do anything...but rose so we can have eternal life and work for him on this earth.  So get your butts out of the bathroom and start by going to church tomorrow and celebrating!  This is Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment