Friday, April 15, 2011

cutting grass

I just want to say...as much as I complain about cutting grass...I really love it...and this time of year requires it.  Remember the saying about April showers.  Our weather has been nothing but showers...which makes the grass grow and it rains so much you can't cut the grass...a vicious cycle...I cut it this past Sunday when it was so beautiful...got a little sun burn...it was great...rained the next four days and cut it again on day 5...looks like it has never been touched...I now know what growing like a weed means.

This probably makes the 7th or 8th time I've cut it just this year...I get on that tractor and just go to town...I sing...think and sometimes just let my mind wander. I still am not brave enough to tackle the hills.

Tonight I didn't want to come in...it was beautiful outside...blue, blue skies...more sun...got a little on my nose...what more could you ask for?  The dogs are like me...they want to spend every waking minute outside...last night they were passed out all over the living room wishing I would go to bed! 

Contentment is all I can think...I am so content...and happy in my own skin.  How does that happen?  It must be a weather thing...I get mopey when it is gloomy and I am bright and chipper when it is sunny...makes sense to me!!

Ecclesiastes 3:12
I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.

Sounds like a good life doesn't it!
I'm feeling it!

No comments:

Post a Comment