Tuesday, April 5, 2011

the boys


I only had one melt down this weekend...It was when this photo was being taken...I have three nephews (one was getting married) and with my two sons that makes five boys on my side of the family.  These boys are all special young men.  They are all that is good in the next generation.  They are good dads, they work hard and they have wonderful families.  It is amazing that all five have become these great young men.  We still have one that is eligible.

When they were younger we would always spend New Year's together. We would stay up until midnight and go outside at midnight and bang pans and scream and welcome in the New Year.  I have great memories of them growing up together.  As together as a few hundred miles will let you be.

I am so proud of them all.  It isn't often they are all together.  We decided the last time was my dad's funeral.  It was the last time we had a picture of all five of them together. This weekend we did just that.  We took a picture of all of them together.  Add in the next generation, Zack.

All of these boys had a disappointment in their fathers.  They've had to deal with betrayal and lies from the man in their life that was suppose to teach them about values and morals.  The good thing is because of this trauma in their lives, I expect great things from them.  Family is important to them.  Their children are important to them.  Thier wives are important to them.

They attend church and are raising their children in faith.  Their faith has seen them through the hardships...I am so proud of you boys.  You bless this family and the future generations that will come our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment