Wednesday, April 27, 2011

a snake

The grand kids have this little green plastic snake.  It lives at my house.  I don't think they purposefully hide it but it has a way of showing up in the strangest places and at the strangest times.  Last weekend I was cleaning my kitchen moved a salt shaker that has not been moved for a very long time and jumped back...there it was!

  I really like snakes so I think they get a bad rap from most people.  Most people are scared to death of them.  We (I always have to catch myself and say I) I have a black snake that lives in the front of my house.  It is rather big and I know it is there.  We saw it once, and I've seen the snake skin and it for a fleeting second one evening.  I also have a water snake that lives in the creek behind the house.  The kids and I will walk down on summer evenings and see if we can see him.  He hangs in the same spot.  We don't bother him and we just watch each other.

I always relate snakes and sin. That garden of Eden thing.  Sin is like that little green plastic snake.  When you least expect it.  It just shows up.  It surprises you.  It comes out of nowhere.  It is sort of scary.  You watch it and it watches you.  It is usually fun. (for the moment)


So watch for that sinful snake hiding waiting to strike. When you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment