Friday, April 1, 2011

weddings

This weekend we are celebrating my nephew's wedding.  We are all meeting in Md. and for the first time everyone in the family will meet Lilah.  It is sure to be a celebration. Not sure there will be much blogging but I will take my laptop.  Never know when a God moment will appear.

Weddings bring out emotions. I first found out about Mark's affair the day before we were to leave to attend my niece's wedding.  We missed that one.

I found out he was still seeing Kathy two days before my son Justin's wedding.  I asked him to leave.  That wedding was a blur.  I was numb. I had to get up in front of everyone and read the love scripture of 1 Corinthians....I always tell Justin...no wedding could be more fraught with tension than his. He will have a story to tell.  In the future if any of his friends talk about being nervous...he can tell his story and they will find comfort, knowing it could be worse!

Now my nephew's.  His mom and dad do not live together and there is a girlfriend on the part of my brother and days before the wedding my nephew blew up at mom telling her his true feelings about his dad.

What these men do to their kids.  I hope and pray that because these boys have experienced the abandonment and disinterest from their dads they will become parents that care and show their love.

God makes women strong.  For some reason he gives them the fortitude and the backbone.  He must know the flaws he has put in men and he must know women will need to call on their strength.

In all cases there is another woman involved and I always wonder "what kind of woman sets out to steal someone's husband'? What kind of woman does that? What kind of woman puts herself above the covenant God has blessed? I guess it takes a special one!

My class scripture reading this week is Isaiah.  Last night I read...you will be held accountable.  You will be called one day to account for your actions.  That is where I find peace.  One day they will both have to stand before God and tell him the pain they caused. As they stand together to marry  in May they will again make a covenant with God, what will God think? Didn't I do this once already? Will he bless it?

God works in mysterious ways...Weddings bring such memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment