Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bob Marley

"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

In commemoration of the death of Bob Marley...here is one of my favorites...suggested to me by the early worship band at my church.  You know you could go to church faithfully for years and the one day you miss...the one day...that's when they say..."Where's Kim McHenry today"...we knew she would like this song...so afterward as I DID make it to the late service.... everyone came up to me and said....Early worship band had a song they wanted you to hear....this was the song...
what a gift...I always liked Bob Marley...I love the beat and the message of his songs...he didn't live long but he blessed us, he blessed me with his music.  As a rebellious young teen, I loved the song "Revolution."

So remember the message, I remind myself and you...Don't worry...everything gonna be alright.
Reminds me of the scripture Matthew 6:25
For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
So today, sing this to yourself...don't worry...everything gonna be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment