Saturday, May 14, 2011

wahhhhh

whining...I am always on the youth at church about whining...I tell the grand kids to stop their whining...I think sometimes I am the only one that doesn't whine!!! Don't we all think like that!! All the time probably complaining and whining about other people!

We are so self righteous aren't we!  We always think it is someone else that is causing the problem...that created the situation or that keeps others out.  What are they thinking?  We think listen to me and all will be perfect.

If you want to look at the perfect example of whining look at those Israelites....it took them 40 years for a trip that should have taken them about 15 days.  I think because they whined so much God said...you need to learn some lessons and kept them wandering.  I have visions of them going in circles...thinking, haven't we been here already...they whined about manna, Moses went up to the mountain and when he came down they had whined and made statues of a golden calf...wahhhhh...it is all about me!!
Really...who do we think we are?

If I have learned nothing in this life it is....when I stop thinking about "me" and start thinking of others and putting others first...my life will do a 360...when I quit whining about what I need and what I want and look at what others may need...I am so much happier.  As humans we just don't think that way...we always think of ourselves first but God reminds throughout the bible....it is more blessed to give!

I recently read in "Ten Points to Living an Orthodox Life"
It is selfless relationships that lead us to happiness and a life close to God. This is what Christ meant when He asked us to love our neighbor as ourselves. You cannot act as an isolated being and be close to God. When you dwell on yourself you only build a wall between yourself, others and God. Those who insist on thinking about their own needs, their wants, plans and ideas only become lonely and feel insecure. They separate themselves from God.

Don't you feel closest to God when you are doing for others.  When you are loving others? 
Today go out and try something for someone else.  Forget yourself and see who you can help!  You might be surprised how you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment