Tuesday, May 10, 2011

fireflies

You my friend
You're a lot like them
But I caught your lie
And you know I did

The song by Breaking Benjamin is entitled Firefly. 
I saw my first firefly this morning.  I was out really early with the dogs and there it was in the woods behind the house.  Doesn't that mean summer is on the way?

I decided to read the lyrics to the song, I always liked the song...oh my...the lyrics are intense....I  thought it was just a little ditty...cute little thing....I was wrong. 

Why do we lie?  You know I've said my ex has gotten to the point he doesn't know the truth from a lie any more.  Sometimes we get that way....we say the lie so many times it has become true in our minds.  I wonder all of the time about history...how many events in history have been told so many times one sided that we now believe it to be the truth....and since I know the bible was written by human hand...how many people have taken liberties with that message?

It is tough to discern what is the truth...and politics...well that puts a whole new spin on the truth! Here we are in the middle of a special election for governor and it is a hoot to me to see how the same message is spun so many different ways.  None of it truthful...but things left out intentionally or put in intentionally so you can't say we lied.  I am in marketing...you think I would get used to spin!  That is what marketing is all about...how you spin it to make it believable.
I don't know how I got from fireflies to lies to truth to spin...but here I am.

Tell the truth...it is a whole lot easier...you don't have to remember what story you told to who!!
Look outside and see if you see your first firefly of the season and see how you can spin that story!
Happy Hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment