Tuesday, May 24, 2011

top of the tree

Notice how fancy I am getting with adding pictures!!! In the past I was an avid bird watcher.  When I worked at state parks I learned a true love of birds.  I learned some by ear, by the song they sing and some by sight.  You have to know a little of both to identify the bird. I also learned to look at the very tip-top of the tree.  Usually birds will sit in the very top of the tree, throw their little heads back and belt it out.

I have a tendency now when I hear a bird singing loudly... I look up...to the top of the tree to see if I can spot a bird. 

Every fall I have giant v-shapes flying over my house, heading south.  Sometimes they are coming off the lake at the golf course and they fly very close.  They drive the dogs crazy but I love to stand below and look up.

I have a tendency in my Christian walk to always look up as well.  I look to the Lord, to lead my steps.  If I am afraid to step out in faith, I look up to get feedback from God...he directs my steps.  Sometimes only by looking up can I step forward.

So look up...see what is above.  Look to the sound in the sky...listen for your bird call.

No comments:

Post a Comment