Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ministry

We are preparing for our mission trip in June.  This past weekend was our annual flea market.  We needed to make about 3000 dollars which we didn't hit.  We only made about half of that.
So we are going to be scrambling to make up that amount.  I wish sometimes our church would actually budget for this trip instead of us having to fund raise.  I spend the majority of my job fundraising.  I know there is a positive side.  The kids bond during these times but it can be frustrating.  

Lora and I had to do an online video preparation which I did last night.  We are heading to Chicago where the kids will be working with the homeless on the streets.  What a life changing opportunity for our kids.  Every time we go on a trip, one kid is changed.  You see it and experience one young person having an epiphany.  I am anxious to see who it is this year.

I am like those kids, sometimes I wonder what ministry God is calling me to.  I know there is something in his plans but not sure what it is.  The videos talked about how homelessness has changed from single adult men to families with children.  I sometimes wonder if that is my call.  I have this big house with no one in it and maybe I am being called to open my home to a family that needs some place to live.  That needs stability. 

Not really sure, but God will lead and I will follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment