Thursday, May 19, 2011

mornings

I love mornings!
When my kids were younger, I would get so much done in the mornings.  This was always my quiet time.  If anyone got up early with me I would grumble because that was my time.  My time to relax and catch up.

On weekends I sometimes go back to bed and that is such a treat. 

Now, I have a routine...I get my morning cup of tea (love my tea) and feed the dogs (because they demand it). I usually take the dogs out and enjoy the outdoors for awhile...then I sit down to do what needs done to start my day. I usually bring work home so I get my work load in order and I spend time with God.  I read my bible lesson for the day and pray.  I always tried to fit God into my mornings over the years but if there was no time for something it was God that got pushed out...that is bass ackwards!  God should always come first in our day.

They say you have to do something twenty times for it to become a habit.  So mark off the next 20 days. Start a new habit. Spend time with God in the mornings.

I find when I spend time with God in the mornings my day will fall into place.  It is usually a good day.  Things go smoothly.  I am nicer.  It is like I am balanced.  I talked to a friend yesterday on my way to work.  He owns a company and he has a prayer time every morning with his employees before they start their day.  What if your workplace was directed by prayer?  What if you knew your boss was praying for you.  What a concept! Some times if I am having a rough day at work I will close my door and bow my head.  It is amazing what a prayer will do to refresh you.  Sometimes nothing more than "Help me get through this".  I truly believe God walks with us during our day and doesn't mind hearing the mundane.  He knows it already so why not involve him in it.

So this morning, step outside, breath deep and enjoy God's creation but also bow your head and lift your voice in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment