Wednesday, May 25, 2011

storm troopers in the bathtub and Barbie talk

Here I go with pics again!

I know you've heard me say...my grandkids are living with me for a month...what a joy that is!  It isn't very often you go to take a bath and stormtroopers have invaded your tub!  Both of the kids love to take baths at my house and they fill the tubs with toys.

It is funny to listen to the conversations. Especially Taylor!! I usually sit outside her door in my bedroom and read while she is bathing.  I know exactly how her teacher talks to her just by the way she reprimands her Barbies. Of course they are buck naked and this night she was teaching them to swim....there was a slew of them...she was taking them to task for being afraid to put their head under water...all of her fears come out when teaching them..."I told you to jump in the pool...there you go...see it isn't bad!" You can do this"  A few nights ago I walked in and all Barbies were doing splits on the side of the tub.  I asked what are they doing...learning gymnastics!

 Zack has major battles in the bath tub.  He fights all wrong in the world...we have star wars and GI Joes and pirates and pirate ships all fighting for the same cause.  Good will always wins out.

If only life were as simple as bath tub talk.  I do some of my best thinking in the bath tub.  Every morning I take a wonderful, good smelling, relaxing bath.   I know I've talked about soaking before.  To me it is the epitome of relaxing.  I do my morning prayers in the bathtub as I soak.  I read in the bathtub.  When I am sick I always find a way to slide into a bath. 

Sso fill it up and try one.  I feel sorry for those people that only take showers!! Baths heal our woes, fight our battles and calm our fears.  Maybe I know where the kids get it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment