Friday, May 27, 2011

hip bones

As I stood outside the other day with my hands on my hips screaming at the dogs about something... I made an amazing discovery.  I felt my hip bones....for the first time in a very long time.  As a matter of fact, I thought something was wrong...there was something moving under my skin that I didn't recognize...something has come apart...I just knew it!

Then I realized what they were...I have hip bones...and they weren't where I thought they were!!...they are up much higher!!...wonder what that means!

Our bodies are pretty amazing...they are so well conceived...they are a work of God...there is no doubt..it all comes together in perfection (whether we like our bodies or not).  One part relies on the other...no part is better than the other. 1 Corinthians 12 talks about how it takes all of those parts of the body, by stating:
Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

There are parts of our bodies that get us in trouble...no...not that!  I'm thinking of our mouths...and if you are like me...you just can't keep it shut!!  As I've gotten older...I realize you must think before you speak...you must chose words carefully.  I hate to hurt other people and I hate to stir up stuff.  I will re-read an email a zillion times to make sure it is worded carefully...this blog is about the only place I let it loose and say whatever!!

Solomon, could ask God for anything and he asked for wisdom.  The wisdom to know the right thing to say at the right time....I ask for the same thing...the wisdom to make right choices and say right things...how did I get from hip bones to wisdom??? Rabbit trail...I'm go off on one..Craig you aren't the only one!

Be wise today...think before you speak, ask God for wisdom...and for fun find your hipbones...see what they're connected to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment