Friday, May 20, 2011

give thanks

I have a sign in my kitchen that says "Give Thanks In All Things"....easier said than done!
I heard someone the other day say...take your mess and make it good by being thankful for it. 
That's so true...it is my mess and only I can make it better and see the blessing in it! I also read the other day your greatest enemy is sometimes your best friend. 

At Disciple Class the other night we were talking about our troubles and someone said to me...you have a clean slate.  You can do anything and I thought...that is so right...I can do ANYTHING!  My life is wide open.
I have heard it over and over again through this trial..one day you will appretiate this...One day it will all make sense.  A few weeks ago I would have said...Yea right...suddenly it is like a light switched.  I don't know what happened...maybe the fact Mark and Kathy married and I have closure but suddenly I am alive again.
Being thankful for the crap I went through is hard sometimes.  It is hard to make it sound good at all!  But I will try! 
The good things that have come from this tough time in my life:

I know I can live through anything
I know I have two sons that are full of character
I know my daughter-in-laws are strong
I know who my friends are
I never pass up a chance to tell people how I feel
I am strong
I am resourceful
I am appreciative
I am not easily swayed...I question...
I am not a pushover
I listen closer
I can do things I never thought I would be able to
I can clean up someone else's messes
I can make a clean break with someone, alot of people
I realize that family is not forever
I know there is life after disaster
I know that if you put one foot in front of the other you can make your way forward
I know a year passes quickly
I know all stages of grief
I know God loves me and walks with me
I know I have faith
I know I can question my God and my faith
I know my faith can grow and change
I know I can learn a lot from young people
I know I am thankful
I know I am blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment