Sunday, May 8, 2011

mothers




What a wonderful weekend.   I spent a great weekend with my two girls.  Taylor (my six year old granddaughter) and Lilah (my 4 month old granddaugthter).  What a great weekend it was!  This picture says it all.  Taylor was enthralled by Lilah and vice versa.  We met Jennifer on the way home and had dinner.  It was constant Lilah stories.  No one could say a word for Taylor telling all that she and Lilah did this weekend.  Taylor held her, fed her, helped bath her, dressed her and just loved her.  Before we left on Sunday she read her several books.  Taylor reads now...and Lilah was just spellbound by what Taylor was saying.  It was such a special time with these two young girls.  I laughed and said...Taylor will teach you things...but it was Lilah that taught Taylor to think of others before self and to love unconditionally.  There was no competition...there was no trying to get more attention than Lilah...it was a pure love fest weekend.  It is amazing what can happen when adults step out of the way and let kids be kids.

I am so proud of Taylor.  She forgot herself and unconditionally helped others.  She had a true servant's heart this weekend.  I can take a lesson or two from her.

Today is Mother's Day and what a special day.  I got to spend a first mother's day with Sarah...she is a new mom with Lilah and with Justin celebrating mom's day with his wife.  It was special....and I had a very special dinner with Jennifer and the kids.  As I have said on more than one occasion I truly feel these two women who have come to me by marriage are as much my daughters as are my sons.  How blessed is that?

Jesus Christ cherished his mother...and we can all take a lesson from him.  Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you." (NIV)   I sometimes am much too critical of my mother.  I love her dearly.  Don't know why relationships with moms are so tough.  God made mothers special.  Mothers can change the world and do....Pray daily for all of the mothers of this world as we care for children of all ages.  To be a mother is truly a blessing.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment