Monday, May 9, 2011

when?

I heard this quote last night on the television show Brothers and Sisters:

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."...George Eliot

I wonder what I might have been?? That is a lot of "what ifs"..but some times it is fun to think.  What if there had been no Mark, what if there had been no divorce, what if there had been no church, what if there had been no Winfield?  What if I had never left Wheeling?  What if I had never walked into a cafeteria at Marshall Univ? What if I had gone to WVU?

I have always been under the impression...it took all of my life to get here.  All of the experiences, all of the ups and all of the downs....I could never be the person I am today without all of the baggage behind me...some of that good and some of that bad.  I don't think God is omnipotent....I think he has a plan for us...but because of free will he lets us get to it in our own time and in our own way...and he probably laughs all along the way....and cries too....and thinks "you could have gotten here a lot sooner if you had listened."

I don't know if I am ready to date yet and take that next step to see what I can be.  I had my first inkling last night when someone said to me..."i've just been waiting for you to say "when"...yikes...i can't stand a broken heart...I am still pretty fragile...there are a lot of "what ifs"....
I need to remember....it's never too late to be what you might have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment