Thursday, May 5, 2011

comfy old sweater

I know it is May but the past few months have been so cold.  At the flea market last weekend, it was really cold one morning and I slipped on an old sweater that was laying on a sale table.  I ended up wearing it home and it has become my new late night keeping warm garmet.

Old comfy sweaters are just that "comfy".   There is nothing better, OK maybe there is, but it is the comfy factor.  I am sure everyone has that one piece of wardrobe that they put on when they want to chill, or first thing when they walk through the door in the evening.

It is that piece of clothing that lets you know it is time to relax.  My marriage was like that...it was comfortable...I felt relaxed when I walked in the door at night after a long and hard day.
My faith was like that, too...I hate to admit that but it was...I was comfortable in it.  I was like that, too.  I was comfortable being me. 

The divorce and adultery brought all of that comfort falling down around me.  I always say it is like everything you ever believed in was put in a bag, shaken and poured out.  You don't know what is real, what is truth, what is a lie. 

I can now say...I know what is real, I know what is the truth.  My faith has been tested and has passed with flying colors.  I will share my faith story with anyone that will listen... which means I have grown.  I truly think you are never closer to God than when you are in sorrow and pain.  But coming out the other side you suddenly realize you can see the truth and you can easily spot a lie...You know what is real and what is truth.  There is no comfort anymore except that green sweater I bought.  I will never be "just comfortable" in anything any more...I don't want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment