Sunday, May 22, 2011

happy and sad

I know I've talked so often about change...yesterday was a day of change...Jenn and Nick moved out of their home late on Friday.  Jenn and the kids moved in for a month with me.  There was sadness and joy..  Sadness for the passing of a home and a house and good neighbors and kid's friends.  But a joy that Nick was here, and they are moving on to the next phase of their life.  I also take great joy in spending a month with them.

Friday night I went out with ladies from church as we celebrated with my friend Cindy the same transition from a life here to her new life in Florida.  She and Jenn are in the same boat.  Sadness yet joy.  Eagerness to get it started, to see what comes next but yet such sadness as an era passes.  Nothing will be the same.

Nick and I talk all the time about "when I retire" there is a place for me in Washington.  To come out...start over, start fresh.  I don't know if I am as brave as these two women.  It is a hard concept for me to think of leaving all of this (friends, work, home) for something new.  I know at this point in my life anything is possible and to rule nothing out. I keep saying a lot can change in three years and we will just see where life takes us. 

I know you have been following me through my Disciple class and we are still on the prophets of old but the message has changed.  From the message of sin and betrayal and now to a message to those in exile about a new day and a new future.  Isn't it funny how God works and how he has talked to me through this class?  He sends me a message in so many different ways, if I am open to it!  Last night...as my grand kids were laughing and playing in a sprinkler I read my lesson for the day...from Isaiah...46:10-13..

"If you will wait, if you will trust, God has a plan for you and will soon bring it to pass" (there is that patience thing again, too!)...Just like those poor folks in exile in Babylonia...we have all been in some kind of exile in our lives...but we need to know God is in charge, he hasn't forgotten us, he always loves us and he has a plan for us.

So I remind myself yet again, be patient, sit back and enjoy the ride...the plan will come...in God's time and not in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment