Wednesday, May 18, 2011

cheese change

You talk about a year of change, I've had it...when my job changed about five years ago I read the book...Who Took my Cheese...which is all about change...you can either go with it and live or be that mouse that resists it and never finds the cheese!

The last few weeks have been nuts...and I have stopped blogging for a few weeks...I can't seem to find the time...there just isn't any.  I've been cleaning out rooms getting ready for my daughter-in-law and grand kids to move in.  They are staying with me for the next month until school is out, then they, with my son will make the trip cross country to their new home in Washington state.

This will be a big change in my life.  I have been with my grand kids since they were born, 10 years ago.  They are a big part of my life and I hope I am theirs.  Years ago my home was where my kids found comfort and joy and for the past two years that has slowly changed.  Nick's home (which is a few miles from me) has become the place we hang out.  Jennifer and I have wine nights when we put the kids to bed...pour a glass of wine and flop on the couch to catch up and talk.  What will I do?

Change comes...it just happens...sometimes gradually and sometimes at the snap of your fingers.  It is inevitable...honestly if we didn't have change our lives would be dull and very boring!

Sometimes when there is so much change you can lose your true north, your place of steady, where you are rooted.  For me my faith has not changed.  It has been shaken, it has been tested, it has been pulled and stretched but it is still here.  I know what is true and I know what is important to me.  Pain, sorrow and change makes you prioritize your life and honestly find your life.  I feel like I have truly done that.  The other day I heard myself saying to a friend who is divorcing...you will get through this...you have got to cut the ties and think about yourself...no one else will be looking out for you but you.  Who would have thought a year ago I would be giving out the advice. 

Change...we hate it when we should embrace it for all of the good things we may have missed if our lives had never changed. 

Hebrews 13:8 reassures us that:
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, yes and forever.
There is one thing steady in our lives...our Lord...everything is orbiting around this one steady fixture.  At the center of life is our forever and always Lord.  We should find great peace in that...

Thank goodness!
Pass the tissues as I prepare for the departure of my grand kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment