Thursday, March 31, 2011

my arch nemesis...the tractor

I also have an arch nemesis....my tractor.

I have about two acres of grass I cut every week.  I recently got out the tractor and started cutting grass for the season...
I hate that thing...I think it still has the ghost of Mark inhabiting it!!
The first time I drove it (with no instruction) after Mark left I knew I was going to be OK...I felt like I could rule the world...it even cut grass!

As I have mentioned I live in an underground house and I have to cut the roof...and it is STEEP.
It always chugs out...I can never get it to the top without chugging off and once it does...I lose control...
I also put up a fence for the dogs last year  which makes it even harder to cut the grass on the hill.  I have visions of coming down too quick and ending up impaled on the fence...they will find me days later...dead...I need a couple of goats

Last year at the end of the summer I rolled the tractor off the hill and that was it...I stopped cutting the hill...so the grass was long going into winter and now needs cut desperately...I was scared to death when it happened...I called Nick who was in Washington at the time...knowing he couldn't help me...I just needed to cry...then I had to pull myself up and take care of it...of course I thought I could just flip it over...nope, I had to call a wrecker...
So the season begins...the grass cutting season and I have to come to terms with the evil tractor.  Just like I have to come to terms with other evil in this world.  I truly believe in evil...I have seen evil and experienced it.  It wasn't a tractor either!

God doesn't like evil...and that is my redemption...God will win out in the end over evil...just like I am going to win out over this evil tractor! Say a prayer for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment