Friday, March 4, 2011

bad hair day

All women know what I mean!  Yesterday I got my hair cut..which I do every 5 weeks.  When my hair goes flat on top it is frightening! So I go often to keep it looking decent...that is one thing I did not give up due to the after-divorce finances.

My beautician is Leah and she knows all of the dirty secrets of my life.  She is young and full of life and we laugh.  There is a dog at the salon so it can't get better than that for me!

My mom was a beautician and we knew the life stories of all of her clients.  I had frosted hair at age 12 when she needed to practice!  She cut my boy's hair, my hair, Mac's hair and now she has cut the great grand kid's!
She had a chair and sink in our basement where she did hair after she retired.  We loved to play beauty shop.

Yesterday when I left the salon, I was stylin'!! I knew it...then the day after comes...when it is screamin' off my head and I am like....what do I do with it!! It isn't suppose to look like this!!! I haven't seen this on any celebrity or in any magazine.  I am afraid to wash it...then I loose all contact with what Leah had it looking like!

I can be that type of Christian...I look really good on Sunday but then I wake up Monday morning and go back to work and back to the real world and back to the real me!
People piss me off, I get angry, I get even....what happen to that Sunday lady??  This version doesn't look a thing like that Sunday person.

Maybe that's why I go to church so often...I like that Sunday person...I want more of her in my life...
but real life is just that...real...we have to find a way to work that Sunday person into every other day of the week...not an easy thing to do...like the hair...I have to live with it every day...so I find a way to tame it...

On a completely different subject....In honor of St Paddy's day in a few weeks I am reading...A book of Irish Blessings and Prayers (thanks to the church book sale...blatant plug)...so I will end this with a blessing I liked!
May the God of song and dance bless you
The Father who started the dance
The Son who calls the tune
And the Spirit who plays the pipes
Have a great hair day!  Work it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment