Monday, March 14, 2011

weekend music

So, I could go on forever...I started to post at one point this weekend and Nick reminded me to think before I press send!!
After my family weekend I went to the eastern panhandle to see my son Justin, Sarah and my new granddaughter that I had not seen in a month...it was an awesome visit...

The other thing that was awesome was the long 5 hour drive home at midnight because I SANG at the top of my lungs...belted it out! It was great therapy...
There are songs that help you through times like this and I have my own play list.  Last night they included John Denver...where I cried and cried...
Pink...where I yelled and shouted
Gloria Gaynor...I Will Survive....where I punched the air and added a few words of my own!!
some country song...something about you're so deep down in my soul
My all-time favorite is:  Breakeven by The Script...the lyrics are me!

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing...I got time while he got freedom...when a heart breaks no it don't break even.
What am I suppose to do when the best part of me was always you? What am I suppose to say when I'm all choked up and your OK?
It was written for me.

In the book Runaway Husbands by Vikki Starks...there is a play list made up by women who have suffered through the trauma of betrayal...check it out and read it...make up your own...
Music is our soul...and it easily sheds light on our feelings.

Take a drive and turn it up LOUD...you will enjoy the therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment