Tuesday, March 8, 2011

he knows my smell

My dogs get up in the middle of the night all of the time...around 1:30...they want to go out...so I get up and it takes a good 15-20 minutes for them to calm down and get back to sleep...then they are back up around 5:30 for the morning...I am sure when I go to work they are back on couches and beds passed out.

Last night I put pillows over my head at the 1:30a.m. in response to their "lets go"...and realized I can still smell Mark in my bed...I have never noticed before...Each of us has that unique smell that is us...I am always afraid mine has a little dog mixed with it...Taylor sometimes will say to me "You smell like the dog...I am hoping she is confusing Mexican food and dogs!"

I know Mark still hangs around in my heart...it is hard to tear him out of there after all of this time...but I didn't realize his smell still lingers...Maybe I needed that reminder...I don't know but it can send me to new depths when things like that happen...

Today is Mardi Gras, a day of celebration before the season of Lent...Lent for me and the Easter season is a very special time...it is a reminder of all that God has done for me ...Kim McHenry...for ME...it reminds me he knows ME...I am reading "When God Whispers Your Name" by Max Lucado...(book sale find) and it starts by saying "God has your name written on his hand"...wow think about that...he won't forget me...he knows my smell and knows if it's dog or Mexican....and he doesn't care...God loves me and of that I have no doubt and this upcoming season reminds me of that powerful love.  It also is a time for me to look inside myself to what separates me from God.  I evaluate me and my walk with him.

So today Celebrate because tomorrow the work of Lent begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment