Friday, March 18, 2011

treats

My mom laughs at my dogs as she always says...they think just going outside they deserve a treat!!
I am an "over-treater" with my dogs...they DO get treats any time they want...ergo,(where did that word come from?) their weight issues!

This morning as I walked outside with them at 5a.m. I got a God treat.  The moon and stars were beautiful.  When we read the book of Amos for Disciple Class there is a line about God that says he created Orion and the Pleiades (Seven Sisters)...I get that...I find it exciting that I know those constellations,too...the same ones Moses and Amos watched in the night sky...this morning I found the belt of Orion in the early morning sky...God says I know those, also...we share a knowledge...we share another connection.
The moon this morning was on the horizon and it was huge...what a gift.

I opened my email this morning and there was an email from my niece announcing:
On March 19th, a full Moon of rare size and beauty will rise in the east at sunset. It's a super "perigee moon"--the biggest in almost 20 years.

So you also are going to receive a God treat!  Just like my dogs...just for going outside!  Pull out your chairs tomorrow night and enjoy that full moon.  While enjoying it know it is a treat from God...he made that...he put it in the sky for you and for me...what a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment