Friday, March 25, 2011

bubble baths

When did a bath start feeling so good?  As a kid you hated to take a bath...you whined and complained...must be because it meant bed time.  But now, I will almost kill for a nice hot bath.

I do some of my best thinking in a bath tub...I read in the bath tub...I do the crossword in the bath tub...I remember I used to be so embarrassed when friends would call and my dad would say..."She's in the tub"...that just sounded bad...

But today...I just ignore the phone if it rings during my bath time.  I take one every morning...a looooong one.
I shut the door put in some good smells and relax.

Last night I gave the grand kids their baths getting before getting ready for bed and Taylor and I had a long discussion about how much we both love a bath...how good it feels.  Beats a shower any time!

We are washed clean.

uhuhuh...washed clean sounds like biblical talk...during recent mission trips we took part in a foot washing...where we as leaders wash the feet of our youth and pray over them...it is an extremely moving experience...very emotional.

Peter and Jesus have a discussion about washing feet.
"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet." Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

Taylor and Zack are spending the night tonight...and Taylor has requested a pedicure...to have her feet washed...so I can feel good and my feet will smile she tells me...

believing in the risen Lord washes us clean...and our whole being smiles...there is no dirt on us...no sin can touch us...we are washed clean by him.

I am ready for that bath Lord...wonder if he can make it with bubbles??

No comments:

Post a Comment