Monday, March 28, 2011

book club

Tonight was book club.  There are usually about 12 of us and tonight there were only 5. But boy did we discuss. We read the book "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet".  I love when a book makes you think.

This book was centered around the Japenese interment camps during World War II.  One of our discussions was could this happen today.  Would your government purposefully take one race and put them away? Seperate them? Would we support something like this happening?  Today some churches hear "hate" preached from the pulpit.  During the election the hatred of Barak Obama, because he was black pouring from the pulpits. You should be ashamed.  God would be ashamed.  We talked about how the Muslin faith has been persecuted since 9/11. 

Don't you find yourself sometimes saying..."What is wrong with this world?" Why is there so much hatred?
The world has never changed.  Jesus came into a world of  hate.  Thank goodness he brought the message of loving all peoples or we may have never heard the Good News.

That scripture from Micah keeps coming back to me...and that is what we are reading this week in Disciple class.  The story of Micah..."What does the Lord require of me? Seek justice, love kindness (mercy) and walk humbly with our God."  Someone in this world has to stand up like Micah and say...stop the hate, stop the injustice and I don't know if we have that strong voice today.

But you have my little voice...my one voice saying....stop the hatred of black, white, yellow, Democrat and Republican, Muslim and Jew and Christian.  Stop the hate of people you work with or family members or ex-family members.  ( I need to listen to my own words...I get it.) Remember, we are all one under God. 
Stop the hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment