Monday, March 21, 2011

hiding from the storm

It is storming here tonight (this picture is one Jennifer had on FB of Sam hiding from the storm tonight)...on Friday I was at Nick and Jennifer's and we heard a storm coming.  The minute we heard it Sam, went looking for a place to hide.  He is scared to death of storms and by the time it hit he was under an end table in the living room (that one)...one end on one side and the other end out the other side.  He is a large dog so it was pretty funny to see.  He didn't think it was funny at all.  Wonder what it is about storms that scare him so?

I live in an underground house and when it storms I can go to the back bedrooms and hear nothing of the thunder or hard rain.  All is dark and all is quiet.

Hiding from the storm.  There are times I wish I could do that.  When tough times hit ...just go and hide and never come out.  But just like Sam the storm passes and we have to come out.  We have to face the world...we have to go on.

Knowing I love to read one of the first books someone at church gave me when they heard about my troubles was "This Too Shall Pass"  and I found it it one of my favorite verses...I have this verse hanging on my desk so I can see it every day...and when I read it I sing it...."Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."  Psalm 119:105

When you want to hide from the storm just look for the light...it can lead you out of the darkness and to safety in the arms of the Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment