Wednesday, March 30, 2011

perfection

Do you know how hard it is to be perfect?

It is life-changing when you realize there is no way you can ever be and stop trying!

When I was younger I tried real hard to hold it all together by trying hard to be perfect.
Tried to make my kids perfect...
Tried to have a perfect home...I am a clean freak still...
Tried to be perfect at my job...
Tried to have the perfect marriage....you see where that got me!
I thought everyone expected me to be perfect...wouldn't expect anything but....think that is childhood related? 

A few weeks ago we had a real screw up at work and I had to call someone and apologize for the mistake.

Her answer to me made me feel good and realize I've come a long way from perfection!  And that is a good thing.

She said to me.... it isn't very often someone humbles themselves enough to say I messed up and ask for forgiveness...

See...we never know where our wisdom will come from!

Being perfect is hard especially since we can never get there.  We can fool ourselves into thinking we are close...but....not going to happen.

There was only one who knew perfection...and we know who that was...I wear a WWJD bracelet right now along with the youth confirmation class at church.  It is to remind them and me.... when they look at it to think What Would Jesus Do...

I wonder if Jesus ever had to apologize?  bet not...
Perfection isn't good for us...we put extreme pressure on ourselves...for what??? for others to look at us and say...She's perfect...there are other things I would rather be known for...

No comments:

Post a Comment