Thursday, March 10, 2011

saying no

Do you know how hard it is for someone who always says yes, someone who is always looking for ways to help, how hard it is to say "NO"...today I stepped  away from something I felt I had to do...something I was expected to do...I said No...because I didn't feel God was calling me to do it.

I have prayed and prayed for an answer for this delimia ...I didn't feel anything so I knew it wasn't right...so I said NO...I'm not interested...

Once again Lora and I talked through this dilemma...she pulled out of me why I considered doing such a thing...and gave me her opinion...which when I sat down and wrote down the pros and cons...was right on...

I have always found when I ever have a question that I need  answered...I write down the pros and cons and will see my answer...plain and clear....

I  also pray and wait for an answer...and if you don't feel like your prayer was answered...that is probably your answer...no...God has no problem saying no...he knows what is best for us...and sometimes that answer is "NO"...

We don't say yes to our kids all of the time...neither does God.

Accept it...go on...
It's like the old Garth Brooks song...some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment