Tuesday, March 29, 2011

therapy

Every Monday night, the girlfriends and I get together at Tim Horton's and do "therapy".  Last night after book club we decided to stay in the church library, get a cup of coffee and have therapy there.  We raided the kitchen.  We found some kind of Italian cream cake and cheese doodles...sounds good! We  made a fresh pot of coffee and dispensed with some therapy.  These are great times of lots of talk.  What kind of week we are having...what is happening in everyone's life..Celebrations and pain, we've seen and heard it all.  Some weeks one of us needs it more than others but it is a group affair.

This therapy time gets us through our week.  We are accountable to each other.  We support each other. 
Thank goodness for this time together...It keeps us all sane...Personally I can tell when we don't get together.

This blog has also been therapy for me.  As I have written every day I feel myself getting stronger and stronger.  I am growing up.  I am standing taller. Everyone tells me how I have blossomed...even though I don't see it. I am making it on my own.  Some days are tough and I am amazed how two years later it can still affect me so. 

Therapy of all kinds has gotten me through this.  I am a talker and I would much rather talk it out.  I have had good counselors when I needed them.  Christian counselors who helped me work through the
God issues that came with this trial.  They asked the right questions.  I figured out the answers.

This new Disciple class has also been good therapy.  It makes me do daily bible study which I need.  Always working with the youth keeps me from adult bible study and I need adult conversation about what I believe, which only helps me to grow.

 It is time for the next phase of this healing process. 

There will come a time when Mark will only be a distant memory and I can see it coming.  A little bit at a time.  I always had him, his girlfriend and his family blocked on my Facebook page but one day I thought..Why give them that power over me. It doesn't matter.

Isn't it amazing how we get here from there.

Thank goodness it happens.  The stages of grief.  Then one day you just wake up and realize, it is over.  I won't allow him to hurt me any more.  It is amazing how you just suddenly realize poof it's gone. Everyone told me "It just takes time" and when you are in the midst of it you can't see that ever happening..but it does.

Therapy and time.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment