Sunday, March 20, 2011

spring feel it

Did you get your treat last night?  That beautiful moon?

Yesterday I spent the day with Taylor, my granddaughter, and we had a girl's day.  We planted pansies.  We did toes and fingernails.  We watched a movie...We took a nap...We sipped sweet iced tea from wine glasses.  A true girls day.

At one point the dogs were doing their doggie back scratch thing rolling with all four feet in the air...I asked her "Have you ever done that?" To which she said, "No"...so she got on the floor in the living room and tried it...her smile was huge.  Taylor will try anything.

Yesterday was a perfect spring day.  The dogs were outside, as were we, most of the day and at one point I looked up and they were running as fast as they could, chasing each other and what you might call "frolicking". 

Spring is here dear friends...I LOVE this time of year...

An ordinary day is get up, go to work, come home, work at home...but yesterday was special....It was the kind of day I could have forever...with those you love...enjoying the beauty of nature...smiling, happy...all is well in the world..

But all isn't well...I have news alerts on my phone and the air strikes in Libya came through yesterday, before that is was the nuclear disaster in Japan, the tsunami in Japan.  There are those suffering in the world and I ask for yesterday forever. 

Why do bad things happen?  That is the question thrown up whenever you talk about God...how could a God allow thousands of innocent people to be killed?  How does a God allow a leader like Libya's survive and rule?  Not being a theologian...but this I know is true...God loves me...and he gets me through these times...his strength...his scripture...my prayers to him...get me through tough times...and he watches over me...his love and his eye...I remember doing a children's sermon right after 9-11 and we drew a heart and an eye...that's the simple answer.

God loves Kim and God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment