Sunday, March 6, 2011

lent is around the corner

Ash Wednesday is this week...the start of the lenten season in the church year...I am giving up something this year...no more bad mouthing Mark McHenry within these pages...you all hold me to it...and make sure I give it up for Lent!

Today Greg preached on the transfiguration...and his message was once again for me...he talked about having patience...wait in faith and God's purpose for our life will become clear...after time passes then we understand why it happened how it did...Hard times require patience to see and understand why...

My reading for the day from daily reflections in Alive Now...As Jesus starts into this season we will see him in the desert, betrayed and bearing sorrow...

My patience is just about shot...so I needed that reminder.
Lora reminds me constantly to be still and listen...and I don't have the patience...I want to know NOW...what do you want me to do Lord? Where am I to go Lord...

God of fire and cloud, keep me close when I travel through wildernesses of sadness and sorrow.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment