Wednesday, March 2, 2011

books books and more books

We are getting ready for our big book sale at church...this is an annual event by the youth and some people despise it...I LOVE it because I am a reader...I love looking at all of the books, trying to figure out who brought them, recommending some to others to read...I am in my element...
There are books EVERYWHERE....and books about EVERYTHING.  It is amazing.

I recently got a kindle and what I miss most about not having a book in hand is the opportunity to pass on a book for someone else to read...books are about community.

I love to discuss a book and hear other people's points-of-view...that's why I love being part of a book club...i love the discussion...I've decided I should have lived when they had soirees...

You know I have to tie this back to my God experiences...
Books are like all of God's people...we are made for a purpose, we can make a real difference in someone's life, we all look different, you can't judge a book by it's cover....just like God's people...the same thing can be said for us.

Come on out and buy a new book...pick up something you wouldn't normally choose...see where God is leading you...last night I picked up
"The Element of Style" a 1959 book by E.B.White on how to use the english language...loving it!!

So, try something different and new!

No comments:

Post a Comment