Saturday, March 26, 2011

robin eggs and babies

So back to that robin building a nest in the rhododendron bush at the front of the house...Robins have been reusing that nest for the past four years.  Every year they just add to what is already there and get it all ready for a new brood.

The thing about that nest is...it isn't a very good one.  It is sort of close to the ground..not well hidden...and every year the eggs or the babies disappear.  Which tells me either the big black snake that hangs around the front of the house or the cats that pass through have a great meal.

So why do these bird brains keep returning to the same nest...think there would be a red flag there! Do not use!

Why do we keep returning to the same ol' ways?  This week in Disciple Class I have moved on from the prophets to the kings that were leading ...some pretty bad guys...they all did evil in the sight of the Lord...only one every so often returned to the way of his ancestor David...and when you read what they did...everything from child sacrifices to trying to burn incense on an alter...they were rotten.

I read something in the workbook how the people of Israel thought...God will forgive us...we can do it, ask for forgiveness and he will never punish us...guess what...wrong O!

There was that exile thing...he punished...I am sure he hits a point where he says...enough is enough...they will never learn if I don't punish them...and it happens.

I need to learn this lesson...I don't want to be like that robin and keep coming back to the same ol' nest to have the same ol' things happen...I don't want to be like those Israelites thinking my God would NEVER punish me...We all need to take a hard look at ourselves...see what we are doing wrong in the sight of our Lord and change our ways ...I don't want to think of the punishment or maybe I've already experienced the punishment.  Sometimes I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment