Monday, March 7, 2011

The Shack

Prior to everything (do you see my life revolves around prior to the affair and following the affair?) I read the book "The Shack" and loved it.  It took on a whole new meaning following the affair.

One day my friend Leslie at work said "guess who is coming to Charleston...Paul Young...he wrote 'The Shack'...we have to plan on going to see him."  So, my daughter-in-law Jennifer, Leslie and I went to see him speak.  What a night...the witness was unreal...his story of how a couple of friends published this book and distributed it out of their garage to it becoming a world-wide phenomenon...is amazing...

also amazing was his story of cheating on his wife of many years...how his ego outgrew himself and how he struggled with all of it...and his relationship with God...and now 9 years later she is just starting to trust him again...she is just starting to love him again...what a fool he had been and how he let his pride and ego get in the way of all that he loved...his kids, his wife and his life...what a revelation...

we all sat shocked and stunned and cried...we stayed after and got our books signed and left saying "wow' we have just witnessed a God moment...God was in that place as he talked...you expected the witness from him about the book...but not the personal witness of his life struggles...the same struggles I was dealing with but from the other side...of the prideful and egotistical cheater...

it was special these special friends were with me and experienced it with me.

It was a revelation to me...I came home and sat down and packaged the book with a note that said Read this book and started to send it to Mark...but that little God voice inside my head said...stop...don't...the time is not right for this...he won't get it...listen to me...so I did... it still sits packaged ready to go when I get the word from God...

If you haven't read The Shack go out and buy it today and meet the father, son and holy ghost.  All three in ways you won't believe in a story of forgiveness...

Blessings today...

No comments:

Post a Comment