Saturday, March 26, 2011

thankful



Many years ago I started writing every evening three things that happened or were in my life that day  that I was thankful for.  During this dark period of my life I stopped doing that.  I really need to come up with a good name for these two years of my life! (Armageddon?)
About 6 months ago I thought I have got to stop being Debbie Downer and need to start being more positive.  I realized I had stopped saying thanks, I had stopped writing down what I was grateful for.

Last night I was grateful for:
Grand kids and sleepovers that included building forts, building campfires and roasting hot dogs for the first time over a fire.
Dogs that entertain grand kids and grand kids that entertain dogs!
Sitting outside in the dark and talking about deep things with grand kids. Like the universe and the stars and Jack the Ripper.(Zack is in this mystery of the universe phase.)
Sleeping in a big bed with two kids and 5 dogs
Fun Fun Fun

Sometime, after I pass away when the kids  are cleaning out my house my boys are going to find these volumes of journals...and I hope they take time to read them and know that I was thankful for my time with them, their kids and on this earth.

We are blessed every day...every day God touches our lives and blesses us...some days we have to look hard to find those blessing.  Most days they are easy to spot.

Before you go to bed tonight even if you don't write it down think about how God has blessed you that day and say thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment