Tuesday, March 15, 2011

do i see it?

I am an NPR junkie...tonight on my way home from a great evening with my girlfriends I was listening to Christen Tippet who was interviewing two Jesuit priests...and one made a comment..."If I hadn't believed it I would have never seen it." 

That stuck with me...that is what God moments are all about...that sums it up so nicely...if I hadn't believed...I would have never seen him...if you aren't open to God in your life you miss it...you miss the "ah ha" moments...those wondrous times when you KNOW there is a God...when God makes an appearance in your life.

There was a God moment last night at church...we (Lora and I) have been struggling with our youth group...we've outgrown NOOGL...we knew something else needed to be done and last night it was handed to us at a church council meeting...handed to us on a platter.  God's handiwork was all over it...he should have just slapped me up side the head and said....I am doing this...it was so evident.

I carry around a mustart seed in my car and there is one on my desk at work...If I have just that much faith...that little,itty, teeny ,tiny bit...I can move mountains...I can say " Move it" and it will...if I have faith...and it doesn't take a lot of faith...just the size of a mustard seed...

I measure my faith by that daily...do I have it...can I use it...do I trust him...Do I believe enough to see it?
Do I see God in all of it?  Do I see God in everything I experience?
Faith put to the test...just believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment